Monday, April 16, 2012

Group vs. Team Reflection

If my mind serves me, I think that we had a discussion how the differences between being a group vs. being a team.

We were separated in two groups. one group was told to stack/arrange the tables in a any manner they wanted, and the other group was told to stack the chairs in any manner they wanted.

I was part of the table stacking group. I know that Beth was just trying to get a feel of how people handle themselves in  group situations. One or more person will always prevail as some form of a leader. There are leaders and followers... which one are you?

I have a stronger personality some of the others in the class. But I feel like I can go with the flow though. Many years of being a manager have lead me to be able to run a team, but I know that there is always a time that my ideas might not be the best course of action, so I can go with the flow as well.

To me, teams are built, and people are assigned to groups. When dealing with either, you have to be able to go with the flow sometimes.

The teams for the final project seem to be working very well together. I know there have been some hiccups along the way, but not to bad. There is great management and support between groups, with constant feedback about problems and resolutions.

We will see how the progress reports go tomorrow. Hopefully, there are no real big problems and everything will go smoothly.

Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment