Monday, April 16, 2012

Extra Credit... I think so!

I would be an idiot to pass up on the extra credit, especially since I was stupid enough to screw up and forget to post my midterm info, throwing away 25 free points.
As part of the KIB YouTube Video Group, I have done a number of different things to contribute to the success of the video. I have showed up for every class, and every meeting this group has had.

I was critical in the planning of what idea we should film. Mark is a great team leader! Not only did he shoot the video, but his pre-planning for the shoot that took place on Sun the 15th was great.

When it came time for the shoot, I checked out a still camera for extra shots to supplement the footage. I ended up taking over 100 pictures of the Tree Planting process as well as the volunteers doing the planting. There was a slip up on the student housing staff. One of them was supposed to bring a camera and snap pictures of the process, but they forgot. I offered to give them a complete set of pics on a disc so they could use them if the needed them. I went through some of those pictures and posted them to the Facebook Page we created to keep track of our process, dates, and communications. This was a genius idea from Mark.

We are planning on editing our video on Earth Day Sunday April 22nd (just a coincidence, but hey, it works!) We will all be present to get the best cuts of footage we took. I will also be supplementing the video with any voice over work needed.

We interviewed Andrew from KIB during the process. During the interview, I asked him about 10 questions on why we were there, what was the process, why were we doing it, how did KIB and IUPUI come together, etc...

This was a fun experience to be apart of. I know that we took way more footage than we would need to cut a 5 minute video, but it is better be over prepared, than under prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment